Friday, September 5, 2014

September 1, 2014


Dear Mom, 

Thanks for the constant stream of pictures. I got Mel’s letter with the photos in them. Love the funny comments.  I actually noticed that Brock’s red baseball shirt says "beisbol" the Spanish spelling of baseball. I got a good laugh out of that.  

This week we found a lot of new people again. the only down side is that Carmen and a few other people we had a lot of hope in... moved to Sanitago.   

But we work and walk and still have a good attitude. This week somebody told us on the street that "Mormons don’t believe in God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit.  They believe in the Book of Mormon only, so... so to prepare myself for the next time I met him, I started reading the BOM again from the beginning.  As I’m going through I am bolding any reference to God; Jesus, or the Holy Ghost. So far through Ch 13 of 1 Nephi, there are 275 references to the Trinity.  We also believe the Bible to be the Word of God.

As I was starting over again, I studied about the tree of life vision that takes place in chapters 8, 12, and 13. We had an activity this week in the church so my idea was to recreate the Iron Rod that led to the Tree of Life. So we did it. We had a couple rooms with some temptations or distractions (food, a maze, and scaring people (my room (:< )) and the whole time everybody was blindfolded.  The whole point of the exercise was to make it to  the tree of life (Eternal Life), which for the exercise was the sacrament room, without letting go of the rod. Not too many people made it. I think I was too good at scaring people. It was a great activity. close to 70 people were there including some investigators. Everyone understood that we need to follow the iron rod or word of god (scriptures, prophets, commandments) despite what trials, temptations, and scary moments life throws at us.  

I love you all.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that we are here to learn, and grow and to strive to be like him. 

Elder Watts
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment