Thursday, February 5, 2015

January 26, 2015


January 26, 2015 

Well ,this week was action packed towards the end of it. Yesterday, we were really busy and Monday through Saturday were a bit slow. We actually have a lot of work to do within the ward, but with investigators we are moving at a slower pace, but that’s changing!!!  Decent week as far as working with the ward. We got a plan of action put together by the bishopric and the elder`s quorum president to start reactivating the members of the quorum and the future elders who are also less active. We found a couple people this week.  One of which is Juan, the man with whom accompanied us to visit the church. We had given him a couple weeks to adjust to his new life without Mari and Ella, which is something he expressed to us he would appreciate. However, yesterday he called us and expressed he had been experiencing signs of depression and really wanted to meet. Hopefully he'll be more prepared now to listen with spiritual ears and not so much scientific curiosity.  

The missionary bear worked!!!!  We had a family home evening last night with the Muñoz family and their friends!!! I love it when a plan comes together. Elder Oso as the members lovingly call him is making his way through the houses now and is getting consistently better every week. You gotta give it up to him he's a great missionary after all.  

I got the birthday package. I will open it this afternoon when we get home from downtown. Thanks again for sending it.  

This week during my studies I came across something that applies to everyone. In 2 neph 28:30 it reads " 30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." 

We either keep learning, keep applying what we've learned or we say "I’ve had enough" and all that we've learned is kind of worthless. This applies to ourselves in not just our temporal education, but more importantly to our spiritual development.  We should always be striving to better ourselves and be in a learning state. If we complete a few things but not some, if we learn but only up to a certain point, if we only apply what is convenient for us, it is like we haven’t done anything at all.  

I encourage all of you to keep learning, spiritually and temporally. I know there is a lot out there I don’t know, but I can’t wait to find out more about it. 

I love you, thanks for your prayers and your thoughts. I truly appreciate everything.  

Garrett
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment