Thursday, February 5, 2015

January 19, 2015


January 19, 2015 

Hey mom!  

So this week we had a lot of stuff going on. We had a ward family evening in the Chapel and it was a great time.  We played lots of games and everyone had a great time! I also got surprised twice for my birthday, once by a member from my last ward in Chillan with the coolest shirt ever and the other was on Saturday by the familia Munoz. They told us they had friends they wanted to introduce us to, every missionaries’ dream, and when we showed up it was a birthday party. I was very grateful.  

We did not actually eat birthday pizza. Instead of that , I used some of the money to go buy baking supplies to well... bake cinnamon rolls and snickerdoodles.  Why you ask. the ym and yw in the ward are going to their summer camps and are raising money so we figured we’d help out and donate baked goods to sell. We had a great time and only managed to eat a fourth of the finished products.... it’s really quite ridiculous how good we are at baking.  
 
Today we went and checked out the cemetary and the sepulchers near by. They don’t bury people here.  Everyone gets a slot in the wall.  There are so many.   It’s like the size of 70 football fields of just granite and bones. There’s this huge monument at the very end, and it looked very cool. I’ve been wanting to check it out since I got to this sector. 

We aren’t teaching any new people but Antonietta is really unifying herself in the Church. The Relief Society loves her and so does the rest of the ward.  

Not much time. it took a long time to get all the photos together but I love you and am so thankful for all the support. I had a fantastic 20th here in Chile. I’m really grateful for all the blessings I have in my life. Family, friends, and the opportunity to serve, but mostly for my big brother Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer.  

Love you All, 

Garrett  

enjoy all the photos from this week!!!!
 











 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment