Thursday, October 9, 2014

September 22, 2014


September 22, 2014

 Independece day are was actually kind of disappointing.  Sorry no pictures this week. The computer I have doesn’t have a USB port :/  

This week I finished studying the first lesson with an emphasis on using the BOM to answer questions about the Restoration. We know that Bible lost key parts and that the BOM is the evidence of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

We had an awesome activity with Kites but again, no pictures.  It was awesome. We got our kite like 450 meters away… or more… but lost it.  Hopefully it’s still flying out there somewhere.  

Brock’s birthday is this week!  Please give him something from me. :) I’m gonna bring stuff back for him but obviously that won’t get to him until he’s almost 4.  

Elder Ospina is doing tons better. It’s like he was never even sick.  

Sorry not have much to update.  Not a ton of lessons this week. We gave a lesson to a member’s less active friend.  The member really knows her scriptures. It was a first lesson so she kind of confused the guy we were trying to teach. It made me think about how Christ taught, using stories, using situations that people already understood,  than applied it to their own lives.  

Anyways, Katherine finally got a weekend off and made it to church.  This week we’re going to focus on how it’s more important for her to move out to keep the commandments than to just move out cuz she wants to. I’ll let you know how that goes.  

I too am reading Jesus the Christ and let me tell ya, that book makes ya think.  

I love ya mom!  

Love you tons mom. Please know that despite the lack of progressing investigators I’m still my happy goofy self.  Kind of annoys Ospina a little but he can deal. LOVE YOU!!!!!! 

 

Elder Garrett Watts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment