Monday, November 10, 2014

November 3, 2014


November 3, 2014 

CIC BACK IN CO SPRINGS! I’m excited. The elder from Army and I had a little wager and now he owes me a DR PEPPER!  I haven’t had one in 4 months and I’m very excited. Funny stories from this week. We met someone on the street and he was wearing a Busch gardens Williamsburg hoodie.  Made me very homesick for about 28 seconds. But it’s all good. We’re gonna stop by and visit him in his house this week hopefully.  

All the investigators that were progressing kind a disappeared. Carol is living with her mom now to help out because her dad died.  Lidia was out all week in the country with her family and Graciella couldn’t make it to church this week. But we found another person named Rosa who met the missionaries back in the 70's when they were teaching English class. We found her on Saturday and she went to church with us!!!  

I was really tired this week, physically and emotionally. There’s a movie that I would invite everyone to watch by Elder Holland called the Atonement and missionary work. It’s really worth your time. Especially if you’re going through a rough patch.  

 

Also Elder Villaorroel said something this week that I really liked, "Estamos salvando el mundo Elder. No podemos hacer un mejor obra en la faz de le tierra" translation.  "We are saving the World Elder. We cannot be doing a better work on the face of the earth.”  

We are trying to reach out to more in members in our Ward. We are sharing with them that the best cure for their problems is to share the gospel. I know it’s working for me. Being a missionary is probably the best experience I’ve had in my life so far!  

I love ya bunches and I really hope all of you know that, especially you mom.  

Please pray for Lidia, Carol, Graciella and Rosa, that they can feel desires to keep progressing. I’d really appreciate it.  

Take care! 

Elder Garrett Watts
 
 
Halloween Ward Party.  We were secret agents.  Elder Villaorroel was President Obama.
 
 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment