Wednesday, January 7, 2015

December 29, 2014


Dear Mom, 

Well, I hope the rest of Christmas ended splendidly and you had a great time!  Looks like you got a very white and chirstmassy Christmas after all mom! I’m very happy for you. I didn’t even have the pre-Christmas anticipation that normally precedes the Day. There’s obviously a difference in temperature, but the South American continent in general celebrates Christmas different than we do.  

We went caroling, which was awesome. The missionaries fromm the stake went to the hospital and sang to all the kids and people there. And guess who was Santa Claus?.. yes..me.  Twas two days before Christmas and all through the hospital, lots of missionaries where singing.  They too were laughing, because I almost had a heat stroke. Naaaah just kidding.  It was hot but not that hot. I was very grateful for the opportunity to serve and bring all sorts of smiles to the children’s faces. El Viejito Pasquero was very excited to visit the Concepcion hospital.  The two girls in the picture are a recent convert and another young wwman from the ward that decided to show up and sing with us at the hospital.  Left is Fernanda Recent convert and right is Fàtima. 

ANTONIETA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and she’s suuuuper happy. She reminds me a lot of Granda Herwig.  It will be fun teaching her and helping her get with any questions she might have as she studies the Gospel. 

E Del Rosario is leaving, he heads out to Linares (3 hours north and very country area) tomorrow. We worked well together and I will miss some things about him... other things well.... not so much. Naw, he’s a great missionary and I love him a lot.  I wish him all the best and I will be tending the garden he had in our apartment (yes garden in apartment).   My new companion is E Villasanti from Argentina. MY SPANISH WILL NOW BECOME PERFECT!  

New cambio, New companion, new year, new beginnings, new everything.  Lets get to work shall we? :) 

Happy new Year to everyone!

Elder Garrett Watts
 
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment