Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 18, 2014


Hey Mom!

 

This week was hard. The conference we had in Conce was great! I learned a ton and I had the opportunity to go out and work at night in Chiguayante (just outside of conce) with Elder Mitton. He´s been out for about a year. (see pictures).  Katherine got a job which is awesome, but now she works as a nurse during our proseliting hours and we can’t visit her. On the bright side she has just got to find a place and she´ll be golden to be baptized. 

Funny stories of the week time:  

We walked this week, like Pioneer children. We had to take some money to a couple hermanas in our zone that didn’t have enough to buy gas.  We got WAY lost trying to get there. It ended up taking about 2 hours to find their house and we probably walked like 4 miles out of our way thanks to the wonderful directions we got from the people . 

We also have a little game we play as were walking around. if you see a car with a headlight out you get to hit the other guy. We were walking and Elder Ospina punched me and I was like "Alright, where’s the car?" He punched because he saw a motorcycle from far away and mistook it for a car with only one headlight. So as punishment I got to hit him (not softly either) and now he is much more careful.  

Also we ran into a kid wearing an Air Force hoodie. He didn’t want to hear our message but he said I could take picture (see pictures). I guess they’re "Feeling the Thunder" Even in Chile! 

We also maxed out today on bench press. I got 355lbs!!!!  

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. I love you all and i look forward to seeing pictures from all the happenings back in the states.
 

Love Elder Garrett Watts
 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment