Friday, August 22, 2014

August 4, 2014


Dear Mom,
 
Yes, i can open pictures, i will be putting them on the pin drive you sent me
(again thank you) because we have dvd/cd/usb viewing things at the house so yes. please send pictures and lots!  

This week was tons better. People actually let us into the house!  We found 8 new investigators.  Two of them are named Nelson y Daniella. They are married and have 2 kids, Mali and Nicholas, and one in the oven. They are very receptive to the first two lessons.  

The reason I’m writing so late today is as a zone we went up into the mountains to a ski resort and just played in the snow for most of our pday. I’ll be sending pictures next week i don’t have my cord with me. But it was super fun!  We got to play football in the snow, yes, we have a football. I love our house so much. And of course the hour and a half bus ride up there was chalk full of the best sing along songs you could believe. It was really nice to just be normal for a couple hours. 
 
time for funny story of the week.
 
we have to go to internet cafes to write letters. No big deal. But to the Peruvian in our house he doesn’t fully understand what the Internet is. I think he thinks it is a place. a certain place, because when I was trying to explain to him what the plan was for today he kept referring to "going to the internet" and I tried ot explain that the internet is not a place one goes to and so on so forth... I finally yielded cuz he wasn’t gonna budge and there was no point in arguing. Guess my communication skills need to improve.

Anyways,

I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love support and prayers on my behalf. Keep praying for our investigators and I’m sure that it will all work out for the best.

 All my best,

Garrett
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

So

No comments:

Post a Comment