Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 7, 2015


Mom,
Well, I’m off to Linares!  This week was super hectic but it ended up well. Gonzalo and Pamela got married on Friday and on Saturday they got baptized. It really was awesome to be here and to be able to help them on their path as an eternal family. I know they’re going to de great and through their faith in the Lord they’ll make it to the temple to be sealed!
Elder Bowden is going to finish up his training with a Peruvian Elder and I’m going to finish the training of an Elder Livingston, the only other guy from VA in the mish.
Two more elders from the Academy get here tomorrow.  We’ll see if I’m in the same zone as one of them!
Lots of pictures this week. Not a ton of time with the Academy stuff I have to do. Trying to stay on top of everything and still have time to pack and say goodbye.
Elder Bowden is going to do great as a missionary and I’m glad I was able to be with him during this cambio.
I’m reading a lot lately about how Abinadai.  He didn’t’ baptize a single pèrson, and almost nobody listened to his teaching until after he was gone. I wish my testimony was as strong as this Prophet.  But that’s why we’re here, to learn and to serve and to come to know the Lord for ourselves.

Elder Watts
 
Pam and Gonzalos Wedding



 
Baptisms
 




 
Being a missionary

Elder Bowden

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment