Monday, March 30, 2015

March 9, 2015


Mom, 

 

So glad to hear you’re feeling better! Still take care of yourself and let people help!  

This week was a weird week. We didn’t make much progress with the Menos activos, but Angi and Elvis both came to church. The young men are not fighting over who is going to accompany us to teach Angi. I guess she was a big hit in Sunday school.

Elvis also had a good time.  He was cracking jokes with the other people here so that’s’ a good sign! We’re visiting him tomorrow to help him keep preparing for the 28th, his baptismal date!!! 

This week amongst our other daily activities, we had interviews with President.  So we went there and downloaded a video called Scripture Legacy, that talks about what might’ve happened if Moroni hadn’t been able to bury the plates! The ward home evening this week talked about the importance of scriptures and then under direction of the Bishopric, we issued the challenge to the ward that everyone to read the Book of Mormon tapa a tapa! Most everyone accepted! We’ll be helping them develop great habits and the blessings from daily scripture study 2 Nephi 32:3 (Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.) 

I am also in Alma and appears to be in the same part you are.  Alma just met up with Amulek! It really does make a difference when  two people share their testimonies to someone at the same time. Also, I noticed that the Nephite civilization was a democracy, which goes to show that God´s plan has always been a plan of choice. The people decide, no king to rules, only judges to uphold the law, which the people created. 

WOOHOO DEMOCRACY!  

As far as cambios, I have two weeks left here and then cambios are the 23rd.  I honestly feel like I’m leaving LA. Why you ask? Because I’m comfortable.  When I was comfortable in Chillan.... I got cambioed. But we shall see! I’d love to stay but I also know that if I’m called to leave, the Lord wants me somewhere else.  

I love you and hope you keep feeling better!  

Elder Garrett Watts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment